IG2's design is protected by U.S. Patents 7,056,433; 7,198,714 and other patents are pending.
IG2 gutter guard system consists of:
- The standard IG2 micro mesh (installed over most gutter areas with exception of high-flow areas). It consists of two laminated mesh layers:
- On top: an active, stainless steel micro mesh. Its tiny 100-micron openings let water through, but barricade virtually everything else–including pine needles.
- Underneath: A flexible support screen, made of rugged UV-stabilized, high-density polyethylene that's so strong it's used in highest quality hail protection nets.
- In-between: Two monofilaments creating two small ridges on IG2 micro mesh surface, designed to divert water flow into the mesh.
- Such laminated IG2 micro mesh comes in 100’ rolls, so it can be installed as nearly seamless gutter guard system.
- Right under roof high-flow areas, the IG2 High-Flow-Area Mesh, with its suitably larger openings is designated to be installed. It handles those challenging areas exceptionally well.
- Both of above listed meshes are attached to outside gutter rim with uniquely designed U-Channels, made of the same UV-stabilized polycarbonate used in greenhouses and safety glass.
- Described above two micro mesh small ridges along with U-Channel raised edge create an exclusive system that breaks water surface tension—that's why it can drain such high volumes of water.
- All seams are stitched with stainless steel wire to keep debris from slipping through.
- Additionally F-Channels are available. They are very useful for areas where IG2 micro mesh needs to be attached to fascia or flashing at the roof edge. F-Channels are made of the same material as the U-Channels.
(click on images to enlarge them)